Hydralyte Effervescent Electrolyte Tablets Lemon Lime 20 Pack
Lemon & Lime flavoured Hydralyte electrolyte tablets, helps replenish water & electrolytes that have been lost due to vomiting & diarrhoea etc. Thereby, relieving symptoms of dehydration.
Signs of mild dehydration include sticky or dry mouth, increased thirst, lethargy, decreased urine output, dark yellow urine.
Dehydration can be due to:
- Vomiting & diarrhoea.
- Vigorous exercise.
- Heavy sweating.
- Occasional hangovers.
- Heat & excessive exercise at work.
- Remove 2 tablets from tube and replace the cap tightly. Dissolve in 200mL of fresh, cold drinking water. For babies under 6 months use freshly boiled and cooled water.
- Sip slowly and frequently while symptoms persist.
- Discard unused solution after 2 hours or 24 hours if refrigerated.
- Do not mix Hydralyte with cordial, fruit juice, soft or sports drinks.
- Always dissolve in water. Never place tablet directly into mouth.
2 tablets = 200mL
Recommended dosage for dehydration due to vomiting and diarrhoea:
Age: Under 12 months
Take in first 6 hours (tablets): 2-4
Max. per day (tablets): 10
Age: Under 1-3 years
Take in first 6 hours (tablets): 4-6
Max. per day (tablets): 14
Age: Under 3-6 years
Take in first 6 hours (tablets): 6-8
Max. per day (tablets): 20
Age: Under 6-12 years
Take in first 6 hours (tablets): 8-14
Max. per day (tablets): 26
Age: Under 12 - Adult
Take in first 6 hours (tablets): 12-20
Max. per day (tablets): 40
For dehydration due to other causes:
Drink Hydralyte when thirsty or exhibiting signs of dehydration
Store below 30°C
Active ingredients (per tablet): Glucose 1.62 g, Citric Acid 672 mg, Sodium from Sodium chloride 34.5 mg, Potassium from Potassium chloride 78 mg, Sodium from Sodium bicarbonate 103.5 mg
Sugars, sucralose, mannitol.
Always read the label. Use as directed, incorrect use could be harmful. Seek medical advice if vomiting or diarrhoea persists. Contains 156mg of potassium per 200mL dose. If you have kidney disease or are taking heart or blood pressure medicines, consult your doctor or pharmacist before use. Keep out of reach of children. Contains 276 mg of sodium per 200 mL dose. Quantity of sodium per maximum daily dose is 5.52 g.